Get active at Abasha
You want to give children and young people in difficult situations access to education and sport? Abasha is looking for motivated members who want to support young sports and educational projects in difficult environments, get to know the exciting everyday life of a non-profit organisation and at the same time gain experience in different fields.
In addition to tasks that you will manage on your own responsibility, exciting and interactive workshops with Abasha members are awaiting you. In our monthly virtual meetings you will experience the creative exchange with our partner projects and make your contribution to the future of Abasha. Sounds good? We are looking forward to your application as an Abasha member!
Every new member receives a small sticker set: Decorate your surrounding with it! This way we want to reach even more people with our idea!
Become part of the Abasha team
Who we are:
Abasha was founded in early 2019 by a group of students and since then it has been registered as an official non-profit organisation in Germany. All members work on a voluntary basis, so all donations go directly to our partner projects. All full members contribute 4 Euro per month to the club and have voting rights for important decisions at Abasha.
What we do:
We focus on locally initiated projects in difficult environments around the world. Abasha offers those initiatives both financial support and valuable know-how, which contributes to a stable project structure. Over the years, we build a close mentoring relationship with our partner projects. Our aim is to help young and local initiatives to develop an independent project structure.
What we offer:
Abasha offers its members a platform for digital volunteering.
Volunteers at Abasha...
Who are we looking for?
There is always something to do at Abasha. Our association work is divided into the areas of project management, communication, fundraising, finance and IT.
At regular intervals, all groups exchange current information about progress within their working group in online video calls and clarify any open issues. Every two months there is also a general call with all Abasha members to exchange questions and ideas.
At the moment, we are looking for volunteers for the following tasks:
- Managing our Instagram account: Stories, IGTVs, Reels, interaction with the community
- Image and video editing for online marketing
- Webdesign: Creation of new websites in cooperation with our partner projects and further development of www.abasha.de
- Conception and planning of social media posts (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn): topic and image search, copywriting, planning content in the editorial plan
- Topic search and writing blog articles for the Abasha website
- Assistance with newsletter campaigns (with Mailjet)
- Let’s Act Manager: putting our tasks online, managing interested people/messages, communication between Abasha and potential supporters
- Organisation of a workshop: Conception of the workshop design, communication with other working groups, management of enquiries, development of contents for the workshop (invitation of speakers, design of lectures etc.), marketing of the workshop
- Company marketing: Development of a strategy for addressing companies for funding
- University marketing: Presentation of Abasha to various unversity departments, communication with TUM for fairs (requirement: student at the Technical University Munich)
- Development of new fundraising activities for our partner projects
- Development of stable organisational structures and workflows with a partner project
- Best practices in project management of small NGOs: Analysis of successful sports and education initiatives on site
- Establishing a transnational network of contacts for the selection of new projects
- Draft of a standardised catalogue of criteria for the evaluation of ongoing projects
- Recording of income and expenditure of Abasha
- Management of the onboarding process of new members
- Supervision of membership fees (transfers, donations, SEPA collections etc.)
- Development of a technical solution for online workshops
If you are interested, simply get in touch with us using the contact form. We will get back to you soon and answer all your questions! Don’t forget to let us know about your main area(s) of interest.